Sunday 19 May 2019

Is investing aggressively during your 20s right?

Recently, while watching this Youtube video on how to invest in your 20s to be wealthy in your 30s.

It was mentioned in the video



"If you’re in your 20’s…INVEST EVERYTHING, IMMEDIATELY because $1 invested at 20 years old at a 7% return will be worth $21 at the age of 65. However…if you wait, and invest that same $1 at 30 years old, it’ll only be worth $10.68 at the age of 65."
This got me thinking especially since I am in my 20s. Should I be putting more of my money into my investments?

Since I have started in 2017, my investments is still in a loss overall but the dividends that I have received is pretty substantial.

With that, I definitely hope to invest more to increase my dividend yield however, with different situations popping out in my life, holding on to more cash does make me feel more at ease.




So I would be holding on to a portion of cash before I start investing. 

Another thing that was mentioned in the video was that saving 10% of your income is a good start but definitely not enough so he recommends living like you are broke when you are in your 20s.

I do agree to a certain extent on that a higher percentage of your income should be saved because the more you save means the more you have to allocate for investing.

And of course, having a high saving rate means that you are able to live more simply without spending much of your income every month.

On the other hand, being in your 20s means that you are full of energy and this is the time when we can explore the world and new experiences.




And all this requires money, I do believe that having more experiences and improve your communication skills and also how you interact with others.

Overall, I feel that it is true to a certain extent to invest your money early but of course, what you invest in can affect the returns you get.

You can watch the video below if you like to. 

2 comments:

  1. Best time to start investing: during a downturn of the stock market.
    Conviction needed. You will see results in a few years. Presuming you didn't just randomly buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see someone has been watching Stephen Graham's youtube channel :)
    He is absolutely right. Invest as early as possible and as much as possible. But life events such as marriage would throw a wrench into your investing progress.

    ReplyDelete