Thursday 2 January 2020

Plans for 2020, work/portfolio/money/family/exercise

We are into 2020 and I believe that many would have set goals for 2020. For me, I don’t usually set goals cos I am lazy but this coming new year, I think I will want to set some goals to achieve them.

In saying goals, this article is really just a rough outline for each category. I will go more in depth when I have the time, especially for my financial goals. 

Since I will be turning 25 years old in 2020, breaking 25 means more responsibilities and also having to think about what I really want in life.


Work:

For work, as always I sound tired of repeating myself but I like to find permanent job to have more job security. But I haven't been getting replies for the job applications.

For my current contract job, it has been extended by one more year till the end of Dec 2020 but I believe with the outlook on 2020, it’s really a huge question mark whether there would be any chances of turning permanent.

There will be a small increment for my pay so at least for 2020, I do have a job and can continue to be on the look out for jobs.

Portfolio:

For my portfolio in 2020, I have decided to go with passive and index investing. I will allocate a portion of my income per month to invest into SPDR STI ETF (ES3.SI) and Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT.NYSE) before adding ABF Singapore Bonds into the monthly purchase.

Read more: Switching from POSB Invest Saver to FSMone ETF RSP

I will be using FSMone’s ETF RSP to purchase both of them on a monthly basis. With that, I can free up my time. I actually came across the Bogleheads Three Fund investment and it really was interesting. You can read more abot it with an article from betterspider


Read more: Bogleheads philosophy: keep your investment portfolio simple

Money:

I have build up my emergency fund through this one year of work (2019) and I feel a little more secure knowing that I do have some cash to fall back on. With the emergency fund built up, I can also more aggressively pump more money into my investments.

Family:

My brother will be coming in June for his 3 months internship with his company after which we are planning a trip to Hiroshima for some family time. In 2020, I also hope to continue to spend more time with my mum as always.

Also, to be more understanding to my mum and to help do some housework. 

Exercise:

I have been wanting to start exercising when I started work because I am just sitting the whole day and I can feel that without much exercise, it will be really easy to gain weight even if I were to watch my diet.

I want to add some simple exercises and maybe one or 2 runs per week. 

Overall, I have been listing out quite a few things for 2020, some which will start like my RSP while some will require my action like to exercise. I hope to at least make sure I fulfill some goals in 2020! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment