Friday 29 June 2018

Dividends collected so far in 2018

I saw SleepyDevil's review of his FY2018 Q2 dividends update. So why not I do one too for the first half of 2018 since I haven't done any record of my dividends. It feel just awhile ago when I just wrote New Year wishes and time sure flies, it's already almost the end of June and I would like to do a collation of dividends received so far as a record. I have collected dividends from:

1. Nikko AM STI ETF
2. First REIT
3. SPDR STI ETF
4. Tai Sin Electric





Nikko AM STI ETF was purchased using my POSB invest saver account when I was completely not sure if I was going to create a CDP account for investing. It was the most direct and easy way of starting so I bought them at a reasonable price and stopped once I had my CDP account. I received $18.83 in January 2018.

First REIT has got to be the one that provides substantial dividends to my pocket and I love it. I like the industry that it is in and looking at its current price, I would accumulate more if I have enough funds. I received $21.50 in February and $21.50 in May 2018.





SPDR STI ETF was bought after I read up more and I realised that besides the Nikko AM STI ETF that tracks the Straits Times Index (STI), SPDR STI ETF also does and has less tracking error. I am just leaving the Nikko AM STI ETF in my POSB invest saver account and for now, I would buy SPDR STI ETF instead of Nikko AM. I received $10.60 in February 2018.

Tai Sin Electric which I got around end 2017 has dropped significantly and I am glad there is dividends given to make me not feel so affected. I received $17.25 in March 2018.

 
Total dividends collected for 1st half of 2018: $89.68

Upcoming dividends would be Nikko AM STI ETF ($15.86) and Singtel ($53.50) which I have just recently added to my portfolio. Looking at the current Singtel stock price, my hands feel so itchy to get more but it is already a huge proportion of my portfolio and I believe that there are other better stocks that I can buy. So I will control myself right now and also because I do not have much of my war chest left. Hoping to increase my portfolio size and build up on my dividends. The weather has been cold lately so take care!




No comments:

Post a Comment