Sunday 14 April 2019

I just officially graduated!

Last Wednesday was my graduation ceremony and I have now officially graduated from my university.

So on my graduation ceremony, my friends and I met up before that and we were catching up on whats been going on in our life.



For most of us, we have already started working and what most of us found was that it really is not that easy to find a job with our psychology degree.

Read more: Finished School, What's Next?

We have a few other friends who took computer science and digital systems and for them, they had jobs lining up for them after they ended.

Even for those who had failed a few modules, most of them were very much in demand.



After I started work, I can also see that IT industry is hot right now and although the turnover rate is high and also competition from foreigners are high, those who take IT degrees have a larger access to jobs and also a higher starting pay.

Of course, if you were to ask me again would I go for an IT course then since it has better prospect, to be honest, I wouldn't.

I feel that I am jealous of the higher pay they have but I know that IT is definitely not my cup of tea.

With the graduation over, I do feel that it is now time to really plan my career and life out. HAHA




I do miss school and right now the thought of having to work for the rest of my life scares me but I know that I am aware of my financials and am in the process of getting myself prepared for the future.

Read more: Graduating from a Polytechnic


I still have a pretty long journey ahead of me so much to learn from it as well.

Here's wishing everyone a great week ahead as Good Friday makes this week a shorter work week. 

2 comments:

  1. In-demand hard skills have advantage of securing jobs fast & higher starting salaries. But longer term success depends more on EQ, grit, people mgmt, networking, time mgmt, curiosity in picking up new stuff in your industry.

    Majority of IT ppl wont like to do coding or server network configuration & integration for long. They will get burned out easily as it is mentally stressful & time/deadline sensitive. And like most professions they will eventually be easily replaceable if they dont climb up the corporate ladder high enough. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations on your graduation. Have a great career ahead.

    ReplyDelete