Tuesday 4 June 2019

Taking a short holiday this week

Tomorrow is a public holiday which is Hari Raya Puasa. I will be taking Thursday and Friday off to go for a short trip.

Having the chance to go overseas after working for awhile kinda feels great like a reward after working hard.


My friend works as an auditor and she told me that her colleagues can book a trip but just spend the whole time in the hotel room resting and catching up on theor trip because they are not able to do that in Singapore when they work.

Her work has a lot of overtime and also lots of jobs to follow up on hence most her colleagues and her do not have enough sleep on a daily basis.

So having a holiday is kinda like a way to stop all the hectic and rushing of work and have the time to do things slowly at a more comfortable pace. 

To be honest, it is great having a break and I will going to Taiwan! So lots of bubble tea and night market food will be going into my tummy.


We booked the tickets pretty late as my friends and my schedule did not match up and we only booked the tickets about 2 weekd before we will leave so we paid about $500 for our plane tickets with Scoot, a budget airline.

Considering that everyone of us are busy with school and work, we really wanted to have a trip this year and so we just went with it.

For our lodging though, we managed to save quite a bit as we booked an airbnb for the 4 of us. So the total bill came up to about $100 per pax for the 4 nights. I also liked that the airbnb we booked is near Taipei Main Station so location is rather central and easily accessible.

Can't wait for it and hope that I will enjoy the trip!

Here's wishing everyone Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!



No comments:

Post a Comment