Friday 31 July 2020

July 2020 Portfolio Updates - Changes to RSP and sold First REIT

July 2020 is over and time for another portfolio update. This month has seen quite abit of changes in my portfolio. As the market react to US-China tensions, high unemployment rates and the pandemic, prices have been fluctuating.

I have decided to trim down my portfolio when possible. So this month, I sold First REIT at a price of $0.56 because to be honest, I am very disappointed in the management. First REIT was one of the first stock that I bought in 2017 and I have received about $254.90 dividends from it but lost about $655.95 from the sale of it.

This is because my buying price was high at about $1.20 in 2017. I really want to trim and remove some counters in my portfolio that are dragging the performance down. I tried selling Design Studio (D11.SI) a few weeks back but I am not able to sell it due to a suspension halt since Jan 2020.

I have really decided and found that I am absolutely no good at stock picking though my hands still do get itchy at times.

So I will try not to add anymore individual stocks to my portfolio and solely focus on index ETF.

For my RSP, I have decided to stop purchasing Tracker Fund of Hong Kong (2800) and instead just put it solely into Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT). Also, I am thinking of starting a RSP into ARK Innovation ETF, not on a monthly basis but maybe on a quarterly basis as I find it a good growth ETF and since I can take on more risk right now. I am still considering but for now, I will just stick to buying VT monthly.

With so many things going on in the world, it really makes me doubt in investing my money as I don't see a future, with all the countries facing their own set of problems. As I bought most of my stocks at a high price, they are still in the red currently, I will still hold onto them. And I am happy at some of my holdings.



Received $64 dollars in dividends from Nikko AM STI ETF. Expecting $27 from Singtel in August and then $150 from Far East Orchard and $21 from CapitaRetail China Trust in September 2020.

3 comments:

  1. Your portfolio seems a bit complex for a less than 50k investment. Actually, I advice your current portfolio should have no more than 5 holdings. 2 on defensive stocks (ETF & Reits), pick big companies (stable dividends) that we know that could weather the storms in Singapore. 3 on high growth companies to grow the portfolio.

    Divestment is good to reduce risks but it is a double-edged sword. It is terribly hard to manage more than 10-20. Take time and experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kai, thanks for your suggestion. I have to admit that I have really bought too many stocks. I am currently trying to just focus on my ETF RSP and not to buy so many stocks. Thanks!

      Delete