Tuesday 10 March 2020

Turning 25 - Milestones and what's to come? - Part 1

Today is my birthday and I am 25 years old 🙋🙋🙋 To be honest I still feel like I am a kid. 25 is a huge number for me because I mean it's quarter of a century. HAHA, of course, I know 25 is still young for some but I do feel that I am holding more responsibilities and will be reaching 30 in just 5 years.

I think a huge thing for me is that I have completed my formal education, it is a rather long process especially since I took a gap year. Having worked for about 1 year 4 months full-time, I can understand the different kind of problems faced in the working world.


Money is a huge part which means salary and work is like the one thing most people my age are most concerned about. To be honest, everyone around me is doing fairly well and it gets me anxious at times.

Being 25, my friend has almost double my pay and it gets me at times. Everyone is just so caught up with achieving more (not that it's bad, at our age, we should chiong more) and to do better that when you realize you are lagging behind, it just feels awful.

So far, I have achieved some milestones in my life and of course hope to achieve much more. 


Ok, I am sounding rather depressed when this post should be about my birthday thoughts. Anyway, I do have a few goals for the year.
  1. Achieve at least $20 000 in my portfolio by the end of the year.
  2. Have savings of about $20 000
  3. Achieve at least a 5% dividend yield for portfolio
  4. Find a new job that pays 20% more.  
Birthday celebrations have always been simple for me and this year, I will be having a meal with my mum and also a few gatherings with my friends over the month.

I am glad that I have found a few low maintenance friends who really don't mind having cheap and good food as we catch up on each other's life. So it will be a month of good food and gatherings, looking forward to it all.

There will be a part 2 coming up for the elaboration on the goals I mentioned above. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment