Saturday 29 December 2018

Review of 2018 and expectations for 2019

2018 has been an eventful year for me. This was the year where I started investing and reading up on financial information.

It is also the year where I started blogging more seriously on here, Singaporean Talks Money. 2018 has offered me many experiences, saving my first $10,000, graduating from university and finding my first job.




It has also been a difficult year because just as I entered the market this year, the year didn't end up nice as the market has dropped and my portfolio is down 20%.

However, I am glad that the drop happened as I was at one point just crazily buying thinking that the market would just go up and up.

With my portfolio in the red, I have learned to calm down and not rush to buy. And also because of this, I have decided to automate my portion of investing in STI index, which I would elaborate more in another upcoming post.

This year has been a year of change as I graduated from school and started working.




Working definitely is more demanding than studying for me as work requires much more skills like teamwork and communication which is a bit of a challenge to me as I am pretty shy and introverted.

Since starting work, I am also trying to build up my emergency fund and at the same time portion my money out for investing.

After starting work and investing, I have realized that patience is a very important thing that is crucial.

Not having a fat pay cheque means that it would take a longer time for me to build up funds and that I need to understand building up my funds would take time.

Investing has also taught me patience and that even if you have missed a certain stock at a certain price, it’s better than to rush in and buy without any prior knowledge.




For the coming year 2019, I would like to stop comparing myself with others. I have this bad habit of comparing myself to others and thinking why am I not earning as much or doing as well as them.

This has affected me and I need to be thankful for what I have right now.

All right, as we enter into the new year, I wish everyone a happy blessed new year and that we all can fulfill our new year resolutions of 2019!

Follow me on Facebook for updates: SingaporeanTalksMoney

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Have a fruitful and happy year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well. I have read your latest post and let’s all work hard in 2019!

      Delete
  2. Keep reading and investing and all will be well! Cool blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool blog you have too! I’m reading up on your posts. Interesting and enriching information for me.

      Delete
  3. Access to computers and other control systems which might provide you with information about the way the world revolves around technology should be unlimited and total. All information should be free and accessible to all. Seeing how you are being monitored by most of these tech companies. And also needing cyber help in many areas of your day to day activities, we at INTEGRATEDHACKS have come come up with a team of highly motivated and dedicated hackers to help you get access to information you are being deprived of and also protect you when necessary. Our services include and are not limited to hacking of social media accounts,email accounts, tracking of phones hacking of bank cards and many more.
    Have you ever been hacked? Need to recover your stolen account, Want to monitor your kids,spouse or partner, Change your school results, track messages from an email or mobile number, secure your email accounts, phones, bank accounts and many more, INTEGRATEDHACKS is the one for you. Hundreds of our clients have their jobs done consistently and efficiently in no time. Our professional hackers for hire team is highly qualified and can hack anything or device you desire without giving the target any form of notification which makes us one of the best.
       Are you having doubts about your partner ? Worry no more. All your doubts would be cleared.


    ★ Contact Us today For Your Desired Hacking services via : integratedhacks@protonmail.com and experience cyber hacking like never before.

    ReplyDelete