Monday 4 February 2019

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!

5th Feb 2019 would be the first day of the Lunar New Year.

For me, it will also be my year as I am born in the year of the pig, Oink Oink.




With the weeks following up to CNY, many of my colleagues and my mum changed new notes to give out during CNY.

With the changing of new notes, DBS bank has actually introduced a angbao with a QR code which would then allow the moneyto be digitally transferred. 

Good initiative but for many, cash is still much more shiok to receive. 

Every year, I would help my grandmother to bao her angbao as she is getting old and forgets how many she needs.

Getting to organise her angbao for her brings back memories because when I was younger and my mum was not able to buy a flat, we stayed with her and she would take care of our daily meals and also to take care of us when my mum worked.

I would also love my grandma's place as it was where all the snacks would be at.




And I love the cookies that I have unlimited access to and of course soft drinks!

My mum would always overspend during CNY as she would go to the Takashimaya food fair and spend so much on the branded cookies.

For this year, besides shopping there, she also found out that markets do sell certain traditional snacks like pineapple tarts, kok chai and hae bee hiam rolls for like $10 per bottle. Which is so much more affordable.




Also, for this year, many of my uncles and aunties are travelling as it is 1st and 2nd day of CNY is Tuesday and Wednesday which allows them to connect it making it more worth as less leave is needed to be applied.

Looking forward to a good rest as it is my first CNY after I started working and a break like this good for some recharge and to catch up with my relatives and friends!

Wishing you all a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Follow me on Facebook: SingaporeanTalksMoney

2 comments:

  1. A very happy chinese new year to you too. Nice blog. Feels great to be here.

    ReplyDelete