Tuesday 8 January 2019

Automating my investment for Nikko AM STI ETF (G3B)

Since I started work recently, time has been rather limited for me to invest or to even look up on companies as compared to when I was studying.

But in turn, for the exchange of time, I have some money earned and I can put aside a certain sum per month for investing.

My first investment was made using POSB invest saver where I purchased Nikko AM STI ETF (G3B.SI) back in Oct 2016, which was quite a good time to start.




After purchasing about 300 shares, I stopped as I wanted to put the money into other companies. I bought them at an average price of $3.00 each.

Recently, I have decided to restart it and I would be placing $200 into it each month.

With $200 being placed into it, I would have $2400 invested in the first year.

Currently, I am going towards having an index investing approach as my portfolio is performing so much worse than the index and also to be a sum for other companies that I am interested in.

Read more: Portfolio Review for 2018 - down almost 20%. Collected dividends of $307.05

With the automating of G3B, I can just enjoy my time in the weekends or night and know that at least a portion of my money is going in investing.




Follow me on Facebook: SingaporeanTalksMoney

No comments:

Post a Comment